Thursday 18 September 2014

Maintenance

There always seems to be things to do with old bikes.  It's not because of neglect or poor quality parts, it's just that old things tire, wear and eventually fail.  But that's part of the hobby.

I was out riding the 9B last week and after a few miles the bike just died.  I tried everything, including going completely through the carb, more than once, but eventually worked out that it was the magneto.

I know for sure that it hasn't needed repair in the last 20 years so that's not too bad, but it still needs doing.

I've sent it to Andy and Steve; the Magneto Guys in Hailsham but they are so busy I won't see it again before the New Year.

That's the problem with dealing with the good guys ... they're always busy.

Fortunately I have a friend in California who has one I can borrow until mine comes back.


Bosch ZE1, 45 mm shaft height, clockwise rotation.


No comments:

Post a Comment